Installing EBC Printers on a Mac
1. You must be connected to the Staff Wi-Fi or plugged in via Network Cable
2. First, we must install the printer software for all the Ricoh printers.
3. Connect / Map a drive to the PUBLIC drive --> From a FINDER window / Select GO and CONNECT to SERVER
5. In the Server Address – Type smb://apostles.local/public
6. When prompted – Type your Windows credentials and Network password (The same credentials used to connect to the Media/Production or Graphics drives)
7. Double Click on the IT folder
8. Double click on the Software folder
9. Double Click on the MAC folder
10. Double Click on the MAC OSx Printer Driver Software folder
10. Double click and install the following files in the folder:
12. Once the installation is complete – You can close all windows and EJECT all desktop files from the desktop.
13. INSTALL AND CONFIGURE PRINTER:
14. Click System Preferences
15. Double Click Printers and Scanners
16. In the Print & Scan (Print & Fax) window, click on the plus sign button.
17. Click on the IP tab in the Print Browser window.
18. Set Protocol to Line Printer Daemon – LPD
19. For Address, enter the IP address of the printer you want to add (EBC Printer addressing Below)
CAMPUS PRINTER ADDRESS
CVL 1st Floor 10.30.0.20
CVL 2nd Floor 10.30.0.21
CVL 3rd Floor 10.30.0.22
Lakeville Office 10.76.0.20
Long Lake Office 10.95.0.20
Large Format 10.30.0.31
20. Leave the Queue field blank. The Name and Location fields are for your reference to keep track of your printers and differentiate between multiple ones.
21. For USE field (bottom entry), do not select Generic Postscript Printer. Select AUTO and OS X will try to locate an appropriate driver but if it cannot then It is recommended to reinstall the software from the manufacturer.
22. Change the NAME field from the numerical address (10.30.x.x to CVL 3rd Floor)
23. Change the Location to the same information
24. Again – The USE field should populate the appropriate Printer Type similar to the above picture.
25. Click ADD ( in the lower right corner )
26. Repeat this process for each printer you’d like added.
27. Please contact the helpdesk at 612.259.9411 or send an email to email@example.com with questions/concerns or difficulties